Thursday, September 18, 2008

pining away

as summer draws to its quiet close i find myself reminiscing about a week spent on the ocean last year.

sunrise on the atlantic ocean in the outer banks of north carolina. i only made this venture once during that whole week. my friend, though, was up each and every morning at dawn to walk the shore and snap photos. looking at these i can see just why.

i am feeling unusually reluctant to see summer go. usually by this time i am tired of the heat and positively aching for autumn. this summer was too mild for that.

i suppose this is my way of saying farewell to summer and embracing the glory that only autumn can bring. it truly is my favorite season. crisp breezes, gorgeous colors, and van morrison's "into the mystic" playing in my head.

yes, i can be ready for that.

3 comments:

Nancy Topolski delicately perched said...

I would very much be interestred in a trade - I love you new moths and all your work - maybe we can do it at the next second storie event!

joAnn said...

sounds like a plan!

second storie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.