Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pretty good.

Holy cow, it's been a long time since I was here. I feel like it wasn't that long ago I was saying the same thing.

The sad truth of it is that with all the time that goes into preparing for Second Storie, I have had no time to do anything other than think of what I want to say here. So many thoughts come and gone. The best I can do for now is try to recount my feelings on the show.

In a word: amazing. In my true fashion, I walked in the doors on Saturday to set up my table considerably later than everyone else. I was feeling rushed and under prepared. But when I walked into the the auditorium and saw all of the amazing displays everyone had set up, I was instantly rejuvenated. And once the doors opened, there was hardly a break in the traffic for the next few hours. It was jaw-dropping. All of our work that seemed to go unrecognized was immediately redeemed and we were beaming all day. The day was full of surprises, both big and small. I only wish I hadn't felt so distracted by everything that was going on; then maybe I could have absorbed the best parts a little more. I learn something different each year.

Like my table display - I took mental notes on the best displays I saw at our 2008 show and showed up with a much more polished table. It was a great fit with Karen's display so it was perfect that we shared a table this year. I received many compliments on how nice our display looked, something I haven't heard since our first show.

It felt so cozy. The decorations made all the difference.


my new, simplified display. Thanks for the help, Dad!



Karen's half of the table, including our photo album collaboration.


All I need now is a sign with my name on it and I'll be set.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good. Next year? Bring it on...

1 comment:

shanna murray said...

your display was darling, as was your bunting.
love you!