Monday, June 16, 2008

obsession...


foxgloves.
the entire summer of 2007 was spent yearning and holding my breath. yet it did not bring them to life. turns out they are bi-annuals so they bloom only every other year. somehow that makes them all the more sacred. well, this was my year. i had never seen them in person, so watching these statuesque beauties grow a little more each day was exciting to say the least!
well, I am smitten.
they have brought me true joy every day that they have opened up to me. and as they are beginning to fade, i bid them a fond farewell. i am secretly wishing they love me as much as i love them and defy nature in order to come back to me next year...

1 comment:

second storie said...

i share your love of foxgloves, and of whitman.
welcome to craftwonderland, my kindred friend.

s