Saturday, June 28, 2008

obsession...

buttons.



i have thousands. it started innocently of course. i needed a few vintage buttons to complete some bags i was making last summer. somehow (i can't even remember), all of my family and friends learn that i am looking for buttons. before i know it, i am inundated with the little suckers. they came from grandmothers, friends of grandmothers, other people's grandmothers even! i purchased a fair amount myself, of course. they are in boxes, tins and jars. i finally got the chance to organize them by color which for some reason brings me great joy. (my sister and i used to separate Lite-Brite pegs by color and then "trade" them.) maybe i am reliving a little of my childhood when i spend an evening going through them and picking out my favorites. so silly, yet so gratifying...

2 comments:

Nancy Topolski delicately perched said...

Hey - we have a few things in common it seems. I have been collecting buttons for too long to tell and I love the old 1940's mysteries like Nancy Drew. I used to go through my grandmother's button box and pick out my favorites. I will be watching to see what else comes up...

reya said...

i like collecting buttons as well, but my collection is quite modest compared to yours.
i'm crushing over your blue jar!